Could I Be The Next Big Mommy Blogger? (Hint: Maybe.)
So waaaay back when, when I was a stay-at-home dad (which lasted about a month) I started a blog about – wait for it – being a stay-at-home dad.
Today, having had a conversation with some of the editorial staff at a certain family-oriented magazine that shall remain nameless until things are finalized, I received interest in reviving said blog so that it could be featured among their list of mommy bloggers. And obviously I’m not a mommy, but hey! I’m all about breaking the glass ceiling.
So I’ll be reviving it, and doing my best to keep it at least somewhat current. With five kids (yes, five) this shouldn’t take much effort. If anything, it will encourage me to spend more time with them so I can mine them for good material. Which is strangely utilitarian but also awesome, because they’re great kids and I should be doing that anyway.
I’ll keep you posted on the writing opportunity if and when it materializes. Even if it doesn’t, I’m glad to get back at this. It’s a great way to commemorate the childhood of my munchkins before it slips away into the angsty twilight of adolescence.
- Life Ambitions, Hugo Awards, And The Writing Of Science Fiction
- 2012 Blogging Report from WordPress
- Stress Fuels Creativity
- A Funny Thing Happened at Work Today: 6 Interesting Job Experiences I’ve Had
- Pinterest’s Email on New TOS is a Great Example of Clear Language
- 8 Things You Need to do to Feed Creativity
- Blogging Tip: Controversy Spurs Discussion, but Limits Your Audience
- 2012 Goals – Writing
- Like a Phoenix, Rising From the Ashes…