The Future Is Now 6
It’s crazy when you think about how much has changed since the 1970s. If you’ve seen American Hustle, you’re probably glad. (I did just have to get a new science oven myself this week.) The 70s were a weird time. But they’re also when I was born, so they form the basis of my perspective. […]
Yesterday, I got an email from Amazon. It read: Dear Steve Skojec, We thought you’d like to know that eligible songs from 3 CDs you have purchased from Amazon are being added to your Cloud Player library. This means that high-quality MP3 versions of these songs are available for you to play or download from […]
The other day, my 14-year-old daughter and I were driving to school, passing the time listening to “Hey Ya!” by Outkast. When it got to the part that says, “Shake it like a Polaroid picture,” something dawned on me. I reached over and turned down the volume, and posed a question: “Do you even know […]
I was recently doing some research on a story idea I had, and I came across this list of the “top 10″ lost technologies. Number 10 on the list is the world-famous Stradivari violin, the secret of which died with the Stradivari family in the 18th century. One lost technology of the 1700s is the […]
The reports have been trickling in all day. FBI agents across the country are raiding homes and bringing in suspected members of the hacking group known as “Anonymous.” No word yet on how many actual arrests have been made, and only one suspect has been publicly named so far. What I suspect Federal authorities […]
“We could begin with a music called enka,” he said, “although I doubt you’d like it.” Software agents did that, learned what you liked. “The roots of contemporary Japanese pop came later, with the wholesale creation of something called ‘group sounds.’ That was a copy-cat phenomenon, flagrantly commercial. Extremely watered-down Western pop influences. Very bland […]
I love writing about the things in life that matter most. I want to continue to provide great content for you to read and share. Writing is time-consuming work, and I have a growing family. The more income I can make from my work here, the more time I can spend on creating great content for you to enjoy.
If you value what I provide, please consider making a donation -- no matter how small -- to help fund and support my efforts. Thanks!
Subscribe to Blog by EmailGet the latest posts and info in your inbox!
Loading - Please wait
- Lorra on Announcing OnePeterFive: We’ve Got Problems. Let’s Find Answers.
- atsa4you on Announcing OnePeterFive: We’ve Got Problems. Let’s Find Answers.
- W on Why Would All These People Lie About Pope Francis?
- Tim on “I’m not interested in converting Evangelicals to Catholicism.”
- Tim on “Traditionalism” is a Dirty Word
Follow Me on Twitter
Most Popular Posts
- It Doesn’t Take a Rigorist: Why All Catholics Should Be Concerned About Pope Francis - 21,767 views
- Is Wheat Bad For You? - 15,305 views
- Something Wicked - 13,323 views
- Apparently, The Eighth Commandment Doesn’t Apply to Catholic Writers - 7,969 views
- Why Would All These People Lie About Pope Francis? - 7,843 views